Wednesday 24 August 2011

A use for an old inner tube in my home gym

I am into week 2 of the pull up challenge.
Today was 5 sets
5,4,3,4,5
Then 3 chin ups
and 6 pull ups using the old inner tube again with my knees hooked into it.
I think if you had a few old inner tubes, you could use them as hanging leg raise straps too.
The one I am using is a to fit a  26 x1.25 wheel and It is just long enough to use for pull ups when draped over both parallel handles on the door gym.
I use two old Karate belts for the leg raises. They are adult length belts,tied near the ends into a loop and then doubled over the pull up handles. A wider inner tube would probably be more comfortable but they do work.

Just before lunch I did virtual gym . This one was the lower body workout.
It was almost all weight work.
There isnt any specification for weight in the program, you must just find what works.
I was using dumbells with a 5 on them.
OH has weighed these and found them to be 2.2kg each so we are not sure where the number 5 comes in.
There was still a fair amount of arm work needed and some crunches towards the end so a good all round workout.
No yoga moves today but they were not missed.

No comments: