Friday 26 August 2011

Dodging raindrops

So it rained most of yesterday.
We were determined to get a run in ,in the evening and were lucky that it was only light rainfall by then.
The boy came too wearing OH's running jacket.
I had been warming up a bit this time with just kicking and bouncing around and it helped loosen up tight ham strings and ankles.
We ran 5.01k .
It was a very comfortable run,no aches or pains and I know I could have gone further.
Then home to glug on water and scoff a banana.

The heart rate was 155 average and I reached 167 max twice  ,both slightly hillier areas for the 167's

Too much like P o r n  dressed up as everyday life

We watched Torchwood which is a sci fi adventure series.
I like the characters and the storyline but I cant come to terms with the hero having gay bedroom liasons throughout. For one thing, those parts are so artificial,the  lines are terribly written and the acting appears wooden and strained. Secondly, the hero loses all credibility because he is constantly chatting up strangers ,with really poor one liners and then brushing them off as beneath him.
Shame! We switched channels for about 10 minutes of the show just so we didn't cringe with embarrassment at the shallow physical scenario's.
Okay so I don't think I am homophobic ,I just don't see the need to write gay bedroom scenes into a sci fi when it is obvious that they are only there because the writers are trying to promote acceptance.
I don't care about the characters sexuality, I just don't want to be an observer in their private goings on.
If I am being honest, I must point out that I really don't like physical portrayal of the bedroom type,no matter what the gender of the actors. It takes away from the story and sometimes is the nail in the coffin on popular TV.

Interestingly,the program we watched for the 10 minutes of switched viewing,was a film called the Duchess, in which the Lady discovers her husband (The duke) likes to sleep with all and sundry. The scenes were subtly implied and worked absolutely to tell everything that was needed without anything being too graphical. It had the air of professionalism that was instantly lost on returning to the sci fi .
It is after all the unspoken implication that is the most intriguing aspect of a story,not the blabbed out coarseness with nothing left to the imagination.

Back to arms 

This morning was the 2nd day of week 2 pull ups.
5 sets:
4,4,3,4,6
then I added on 3 chin ups
7 band assisted continuous pull ups
2x 12 hanging leg raises

No comments: