Tuesday 2 August 2011

Some like it hot

It is far too hot again. We Brits are just not used to more than a couple of warm days in a row.


I decided to test out my push up skills again this morning.
It was several weeks ago that I managed 100 in one go and I have been maintaining since then so anyway.
I gave it another go and guess what? I can still do it.
Better, I made less stops. Each stop became a straight armed plank but there weren't as many as the last time simply because my arms are stronger.

My husband did comment on my arm muscles yesterday . I told him that female muscle doesn't get as hard as male muscle. That is something I have noticed in my travelings through life.
I think that is why women have so much more trouble looking strong even when they are.
Combine that with their higher body fat needs and that convinces me that women who body build must work terribly hard to get their shape.
 I don't like the shape myself. I prefer the defined look much more than the ripped/shredded look of competition builders.
 I want to look fit and feel fit but I don't want to look like something from a Marvel comic.
Much respect to those who do achieve that look though.

No comments: