Friday 5 August 2011

laptop workout day

It was going to be a HIIT day today but there were blokies outside the front window,working on the water supply ,so rather than entertain them with my super woman prowess, I waited till the  afternoon when they went off on their lunch break (not till 2pm)and did my virtual gym session sans spectators.

As usual I chose the core workout.
Today the trainer gave me 7 sets of stability ball crunches and 3 sets of bicycles.
The ball work is effective, it burns after only a few reps.
Bicycles are a sort of love/hate thing as I can feel them working but don't really like them.
The planks were easy again thanks to my now stronger arms.
Even one legged planks are no problem now.

After the workout,I got dinner on the go and then went off for my shower while the food simmered.
We tend to eat fairly early (4-5pm)because in the early days, the kids would get school ( home education) over with and needed to be ready for clubs and the timing has carried over into adult life.
It works out well if we are running later as it gives a largish meal time to digest.

We ran yesterday evening. About 4.5k. Just Me and my husband.
He wore an old stab vest (old police issue) because he wants to add weight resistance to his run and is finding  holding weights tricky for the whole length of a run. The vest has pockets which can hold heavyish things instead of the Kevlar inserts.
It was still warm even though it had rained almost all day.
I was quite pleased with my run considering I had already done a dips challenge workout earlier and then a 300 squat session later and a 10 minute skipping rope session (I was bored).
My legs are feeling stronger, especially the hip area and the  quads.

No comments: