Friday 12 August 2011

Bossy old 3d woman workout

Heh well it was my laptop being bossy,or rather,it was the woman on my laptop who is only a 3d image.

Today I did a workout for core ,wearing my Garmin for the heart rate monitor.
Unfortunately,I hadn't got the heart rate set up to display so I had to pause the workout and go in search of the setting.
I found it eventually.
It was a bit late to try to incorporate it as the workout only uses the warm up to give you an idea of the figures that should be showing up on your monitor. Anyway, I did manage to get it to show me the average HR after I was done with the workout. 89BPM.
That was after the more energetic part of the hour I suppose,you get around 15 or 20 minutes of fast stuff,then medium paced moves and the last 10 minutes is mostly yoga which would be a much lower rate, probably about 65BPM. I noticed it showing 91 a couple of times on the ball crunches.

Next time I will have it ready first.

I got quite a good workout otherwise.
Plenty of Stability ball. No weights whatever.
I did add quite a lot of side crunches in between the sets that were announced because it gets a bit lame to be waiting for the trainer to give the next move while just standing there doing nothing.

The monitor counted the heart rate all of the hour but can't calculate calories based on duration and heart rate,so I went here and input info to discover the cals.
The estimate from yourself fitness was very close so I will trust that in future.

Scheduling workouts looks easy. I have imported a workout into the garmin so that when I do my HIIT next time, the timing is all set ready for me to just follow the prompts.
 I'll have to see how that goes as I haven't left any space of time to get from one piece of equipment to another.


No comments: