Sunday 14 August 2011

Rest day (sort of) and a new challenge

It's Sunday.
I often treat it as a rest day.
Today I will be doing a laptop workout but will still count it as a rest day because everything feels restful.

I did our Supermarket shop this morning.
I drive there once a week. Today I drove myself because there was a car part-blocking the drive(the nice lady next doors visitor) and I didn't think my son who is still learning to drive, would manage the angles all that well. I could have knocked and asked them to move it but I knew I could get round it providing I drove out myself.
My O.H. is still on police duty today and will be tomorrow too after his paid work so we (son and self) are the only ones home . O.H. is getting in, having his dinner and going to bed,waking,washing, having his brekky and going out the door.

I have decided on a new challenge to begin next week.
It is this twenty pull ups challenge.
It works like the other challenges, you work your way up from a low number until you have reached your goal.
I really like the way the other challenges worked and they really did work.

I have been reading up about my garmin watch. It can do some very clever things.
One really useful thing for me will be the workout timings which can be preloaded.
Another is the mapping which can be uploaded straight to mapmyrun. That saves a lot of clicking about on the website. I do like the idea of being able to input a distance and it telling me when I have done enough.
I downloaded 'sports tracks' because several reviews mention it as being nicer to use than the software given with the watch.   At first I couldn't import from the watch to the program but I discovered that it needs Internet explorer to download a plug-in and then it works fine.
 

No comments: