Monday 22 August 2011

Jelly arms

This morning I did week 1 day 3 of the pull up challenge.
The goal is to be able to do 20 consecutively.
The workout was 5 sets of
4,4,4,3 and max which was 6
Last time I did a combination of pull ups and chin ups as chin ups are a little bit easier because of the biceps being used more when your hands are facing you rather than facing away.
However,that isn't really pull ups and so I determined to only do hands facing away  from now on.
After the allocated moves, I did 3 chin ups and then with an inner tube to act as a helper, I did 6 PU's without putting my feet down.
The band is an idea I got from utube ,you hook it  over the bar and rest your knees in it,it isnt strong enough to carry your whole weight but is just enough to help take strain from your weedy little arms  . The idea is to use something to just help with your own body weight but not enough that your muscles wont get stronger.
After all those, I did 20 hanging leg raises in 2 sets of 10.

Then I scoffed a picnic bar which was sitting in our fridge as I was ravenous.
Before lunch I did a virtual gym workout.
I wanted to change things up a bit so I chose upper body for a change.
This proved very challenging but also satisfying.
The last upper body workout,I hadn't got my stability ball yet so tis time it was incorporated many times and made for a whole different aspect to 'arms' exercises.

It was also the physical challenge day today which consists of counting the heart beat at rest,then doing 2 minute jump jacks getting faster each 30 seconds. after 2 mins I count my heart beat again.
It was 54 to begin and only 78 at the end.
Then there are squats,push ups and crunches all of which I can max so I just click the max numbers and then there is a forward fold stretch to see how flexible you are. I went up one count in flexibility.

That is todays exercise over as my arms can still feel the flys,overhead extensions and presses that the virtual coach forced me to do :) I think she has compulsion like the vampires on TV.

No comments: