Friday 29 July 2011

Dips are improving

I have a run later tonight so I decided I would do my chair dips challenge this morning.
It is week 5 ,day 2 of the challenge and the sets increase in number but decrease in reps..
24,24,28,28,23,23,28, and more than 58  which today became 100
It is strange, I think my arms warm up as I progress because the first set was almost without sensation,the next was already burning at 14 and the subsequent sets were beginning to tell by about half way into each one.
I left around a minute before my maximum reps set and just kept on dipping.
I might have managed a couple more but the form was just about holding on at 100 and they do advise proper form is more important than numbers.
I suppose that is less likely to cause injury so I will go with their advice.

Yesterday I made Comfrey tea.
We have bocking 14 growing in the garden which is the variety grown at the Henry Doubleday Institute.
The leaves chopped up and left to steep overnight in boiling water,make an aromatic liquid.
I don't much like the flavour but I often have a nasal drip which is phlegm running down the back of my throat.
This tea is meant to help.
Anyway I drank my 1st cup this morning. Yuck! But it does seem less phlegmy .
I have frozen the rest in 1 cup amounts so I have about 5 more cups /days worth.

The remaining sludge will go in the compost bin as Comfrey makes excellent compost..


.

No comments: