Friday 1 July 2011

Glitchy knee stops play

Boo lasts nights run was cut short after only about a minute when I realised my knee had a glitchy twinge.
Rather than keep on until I stopped noticing, I thought I would just turn around and walk back to the house and rest it up.
Usually I would have managed to land my foot slightly softer and that would have sorted it out but because I did my workout so late the night before, I decided it most probably needed a longer pause between workout and run to get it back to normal.

I did a few squats and planks and sit ups at home just to fill in time while I waited for OH to get back from his lone run. The squats were fine on the knee so it must have been more of an impact thing .

It always seems such a drag to have to wait while injury or colds sort themselves out but it is worth a short break to save having a long recovery at the expense of a couple of running days or 1 or 2 workouts.

Not so long ago,I tried barefoot skipping and it was much harder than with shoes.
Stupidly I ignored tendon soreness and skipped 20 minutes unshod only to find I could hardly walk the next day and had about 2 weeks without being able to skip,run or workout even in shoes.
 Lesson learned!

No comments: