Tuesday 5 July 2011

Haha so much for rest day!

I found another challenge site.
They are many.
This one had the dips challenge. 150 for goal.
I did the test and can do 50.
My shoulders felt great afterwards so I think I will enjoy this one.

I used to do this thing in the primary school when I was about 9.
There were buttresses along the wall of the dinner hall and when waiting in the dinner queue ,I would put my hands up behind me and heave myself up onto one(about shoulder high) and sit on it .
When I was about 20 and at work,we had to climb up onto the roof of the dark room(cant remember why) but I did the same action of hauling myself up to shoulder height by my hands without much trouble.
I would have trouble doing that now  but it is the same muscles for dips.


I thought I might try a squats challenge too so found the 200 squats challenge.
The test unfortunately(or fortunately) proved I can already do 200 so I changed my mind about that one.

When I have completed the dips,I might do a pull ups challenge. to try and reach 20.
Having already begun pull ups, I can manage about 6 and the same of chin ups.
The challenge I found ,suggests doing some push ups first thing and pull ups or chin ups later in the day.
If I can make either chin ups or pull ups  to 20 ,I will be very pleased.
I watched some videos of women doing both and noticed that there is a sort of wallowing motion that they use to get themselves up that might be where I am going wrong as I have been trying to pull straight up.

Today should be a run in the evening.
The knee is behaving itself again at present .

No comments: