Thursday 28 July 2011

balancing the workouts.

Yesterday I did a very light day as far as workouts are concerned.
It was more of a rest day.
In the morning I did my chair dips challenge which was 5 sets long
46,52,39,31 and then a max set of 74
This takes about 10 minutes because I leave 60 seconds between each set.

After lunch I did 100 push ups.
It took me 3 sets.
40,30,30

Then later on I did a 2 minute straight plank and a 3 1/2 minute alternating plank in which I changed between hands and forearms whenever it became uncomfortable
It is much easier to do longer planks when I have them as the first exercise of the day.

It felt good not doing more,I needed the break for my legs to recover from running

Today was HIIT 11
I did 10 minutes warm up with the rope
set 1 was 10 unaided pull ups,6 unaided chin ups
skip 1 1/2 mins
set  2 4 unaided pullups,4 pullups with chair,4chinups with chair
skip 1 1/2 mins
set 3 hanging leg raises X14
skip 1 1/2 mins
set 4  hanging leg raises X14
skip 1 1/2 mins
set 5 kettle bell raises X16
skip 1 1/2 mins
set 6 kettle bell raises X 16
skip 1 1/2 mins
set 7 kettle bell side swings X 16
skip 1 1/2 mins
set 8   kettle bell side swings X 16
10 minutes cool down skip with double unders every now and then
Hydrant combination (lasts 7 minutes)

The whole thing was 50 minutes long.

The double unders are very useful for helping the time to pass on the cool down skip.
I do sequences of jumps.
Today was 35 jump,DU repeat 1 minute.
then 30 jump, then 25,then 20 etc so that I am counting jumps rather than the time left to go.

We have swapped the routine a bit this week and will run on Friday and I will most likely do a workout Friday morning using the laptop virtual coach

No comments: