Friday 8 July 2011

dip challenge

Today (Thursday) was the first day of my dip challenge .
Given the 50 I managed for the test,I am starting on week 3 day 1 .
This turned out to be a good place to begin.
I had to do 5 sets;18,23,18,18 and >26
I managed 32 dips for my max set today.

Next I thought I would work on my push ups.
I have already completed the 100 push ups without stopping challenge so I did 40,20 as ordinary push ups, then 10 from the chair(feet on seat) and 30 in piked position which work the shoulder muscles a little bit higher up and feel quite different to ordinary push ups.    100 in all but with rests between.

Last a few crunches just to maintain core fitness.

In the afternoon I did a 5 minute plank hold with straight arms.
I noticed on the Konkura site,the plank challenge is resting on forearms which is actually quite a different feeling ,I will stick with straight arms for now. The head of the plank challenge on the Konkura site is a woman(yay) who can do something like 24 minutes and has the video to prove it.

OH didn't get back till 8.05pm but we ran because we missed out on Tuesdays outing due to the rain. It had rained a bit today but luckily held off for the run.
My son came with us and actually wore shorts. I think he found it easier as he didn't stop the whole way round  (3 miles) .
I often find I can keep exercising longer if I am lightly dressed because it takes longer to get too hot.

No comments: