Wednesday 13 July 2011

Back to running

The run yesterday evening was quite nice.
It had rained during the day and was  light and breezy.
We ran the hilly way and the guys bombed on ahead.leaving me feeling like a little old lady, tottering along.
They did wait in a couple of places.
On the way back, my son kept pace till we reached the home lanes and then he turned off and I continued for a bit longer.
I got back maybe 10 minutes after them.
5K in all ,so quite pleasing.

There were some teen type people on the foot bridge as I turned for home.
I noticed them but continued on ,I run under the bridge a bit further from where they were standing and half expected to either get spat on or have things or abuse thrown at me but my suspicions were wrong.
There hardly ever seems to be any 'feedback' from the locals.
Once or twice we have been honked at or had comments called out by cowardly motorists but they are just jealous that we have the confidence to be doing what they are too scared to do.

No comments: