Friday 10 June 2011

Working out renewed

A relative gave me a DVD of an exercise program she no longer wanted.
She said it was very good but she now had the newer version on their game consul.
I installed it on my bodged up Laptop and ran it.
The first thing I noticed was a 3d animation of a female in her workout gear.
She looks like a character from sims2.
A menu appears with options and you can make yourself a profile.

Anyway I decided I would give it a go.
I put my name ,age,weight,gender etc and she told me to do a fit test.
It was jumping jacks,squats and stretching.
I was to count my heartbeat before the jump jacks and again after.
2 minutes of jump jacks and I was a bit tired already.

After this intriguing evaluation,I was presented with a chart of workouts and was able to choose which priority I wanted.
Next was a commitment chart to choose workout days.
Last I was sent back to the workout screen.

I chose a workout.30 minutes long. No equipment. (we owned a few weights but I hadn't touched one in years).
It was very effective but not long enough.
There were breaks for water and she asked about how i was keeping up and would adjust the next time.

Anyway. I loved the format and continued with the workouts for months, I would run one day,workout the next and if it wasn't a running day, I would skip rope.

My weight dropped to 8 stone 6 (I weighed that when I was 18 only now I was 46).

I reached the 100th workout and inwardly celebrated.
The program was called yourself fitness (I think it had teach at the beginning but was shortened,hence the odd  sounding title).The consul version is something like personal training coach or something similar but is almost the same .

The other half bought me new gait analysed trainers for my birthday  .

No comments: