Friday 10 June 2011

So here we are today

We resumed our running and I reached for my skipping rope and the workout DVD and we are back in business.
My weight in March was around 138lbs and has now reduced back to 131lbs from these 3 main activities.

We are running twice a week about 30 minutes a run.
Skipping is 40-50 minutes including a lot of double unders (I can do 38 in a row) and maybe 2 sessions a week.
The workout DVD is used maybe twice a week.

How to progress

Goals now are to incorporate some high intensity interval training into the loop. I have done it for one session of the skipping.
For Hiit you must exercise in rotation. Picking a harder and an easier task. The harder being performed for 2/3rds of a round and the easy for a whole round.
Therefore you would skip for 1 minute 30 and do weights or hanging leg raises for 1 minute then straight back to the skipping.
I decided to mix it up on the hard tasks to keep it doable,so did core work with weights as well as the leg raises. 8 rounds in all.
It was fun and challenging.

No comments: