Saturday 11 June 2011

HIIT at home

Just finished my second HIIT(high intensity interval training) workout.
I did 10 minutes warm up skip with various steps at about 150 steps a minute.
1 minute kettle bell swings with my sons dumbell (I can just about do 14 with it).
Skip 1. 30
hanging leg raises with the pull up bar (karate belts tied on  for the arm slings)about 17
skip 1.30
Chin up/pull up 1 minute(still learning but can do 4 chin ups unaided )As many as I could aided
skip 1.30
double unders As many as could in 1 minute(I always trip up but got one round with 28 non stop)

and repeated above 4 exercises again with the skips between.
Then 13.30 of cool down with double unders mixed in to keep it interesting.
All told 43.30 minutes

I am used to doing 20mins of plain skipping with 20-30 minutes of blasting away at double unders in between so thought I would try and keep to 50 mins exercise but found I had to stop a little early through plain knackeredness.

Surprisingly, my double unders jumps were getting higher and stronger even since the first HIIT last wednesday.

No comments: