Wednesday 21 September 2011

Tuesdays run

We ran in the dark again.
It seems to be a bit of a habit.
OH wanted to get back for a telephone call so we only did 1.75 miles.
The garmin worked perfectly this time and said we had run at 10.01 pace.
It felt reasonable but not fast which it turned out, it wasn't.

I held off on the pull ups all day so as not to over train but it is quite addictive to do pull ups once they come in multiples greater than one.

This morning Wednesday,I managed 4 in a row,then 3 chin ups in a row and 3 wide grip pull ups which I have never managed to do before.
I did that sequence twice.
Then I did weighted leg raises ,concentrating on getting a good crunch rather than numbers.
Lastly 12 assisted pull ups which seemed hard but I managed.
I have added a couple more 4 and 3 reps as I have walked past the pull up bar during the day.

In the afternoon, I did a laptop workout (virtual gym) which was Core focused.
Although I hadn't done one since last week, the core part of the workout seemed very easy.

The water board was back outside hunting for leaks as usual.
They actually discovered our stop-cock which is on a drive about 50 meters up the road. Not our drive but the drive to the house that is 4 away from us!

Good news! Our son has passed the theory part of the driving test.
We said we would buy him some lessons with a driving school once he had got that part under his belt.
He has had quite a lot of practice driving our car but needs a bit more specific advice on some aspects so a fresh pair of eyes will see what OH is missing.

No comments: