Saturday 24 September 2011

Shedding the shed

Our oldest shed must be forty years old.
It stands at a slant and the door doesn't fit the hole.
A hole in the roof and a rotting side make it useless as a shed so for the last 4 or 5 years,I have been planning to dismantle it and use any good wood for building a compost bin.
Today my son painted the gate that he made a few weeks ago and then looking for another project, I suggested the shed.
Now it is in 3 piles.
The floor which hasn't been removed from situ
The good wood which will be the compost bin and remains will be burned.
The burn pile which is rotten wood and wood too soft to reuse.
Most likely the floor will be burned too as it is all holes.

My poor arms are worn out with dragging panels and throwing pieces of wood around.
I think that is plenty of a workout for one day.
Plus it is TOTM(womens problems) and as usual, I am knickered,knackered,knockered.

I have done 10 pull ups so far today.
2 X 5
The men have gone to Karate and tonights tea will be chips,sausage,bacon,tomato,egg and baked beans.

No comments: