Friday 30 September 2011

7 pull ups!

LOL 7 in a row today.
We have the plumber here at the moment as one of the pipes is blocked because the water company came and 'mended ' a pipe in the road.
The mend forced gravel and sand into the system.
It means we haven't had any drinking water for about 8 hours.
Cant even offer the poor plumber a cuppa as we haven't got any water.....!

I have been reading the frugal web today and find an awful lot of it is about coupons or 'free' things or just money off 'bargains'.
Really the 'bargains' are NOT because you wouldn't buy the things normally and so why would you suddenly decide to, just because the price is reduced?


I have been listening to a new Audio book.
'The ultimate Cheapskates road to true riches by Jeff Yeager' .


He is a funny bloke but I do like his Fiscal Holiday ideas.
He advocates No Spend days but with a difference...
His idea is that you DONT SPEND ANYTHING !
Not just by not shopping, but also by not using the electricity (where even possibly avoidable).
I love this! It is far more my cup of tea than the,'I didn't go to the shop today' days that so many people congratulate themselves over.

You know how satisfying it is when you go camping and everything is condensed down into basic but comfortable living?
Well that is how this works.
The satisfaction is there but for longer.

So far a very interesting and entertaining listen, I am already collecting the ideas from it that I will use in my own life.

The link above is to the book version .


Friday rest day

No exercise today.
This week has been quite lazy for me.
We didn't run at all .
No problem, we will get back to it next week.
It's been nice to do something different even if that is just NOT running.

The plumbers were back yet again! They had to mend some more pipework outside as the leak in next doors drive had shifted .

No comments: