Friday 16 September 2011

Dark running

It was way past sun down by the time we ran last night.
My Garmin wasn't interested. I think it was too cloudy plus we started to run the minute we were outside which left it no time to catch the satellites.
We were bombing it .
I think it was about a 22 minute run all together.
A cup of tea and a banana refueled the fires once we were home.
OH had his dinner as well.

I was using the pull up bar on and off all day yesterday in an effort to improve my consecutive pull up count.
Sometimes I was managing 3,sometimes 2 1/2,sometimes only 1.
I realised that the challenge I have been following ,expects the counting to start from feet leaving the floor,till returning to floor which in my case has been 1,so although I have managed a maximum of 10,really it is only 10 X 1.
That isn't a bad thing because to begin with I couldn't do one and could only lower myself down off a chair.
I do want to progress now that I can do >1 though, so I need to push myself .

I have a couple of hard drives to reformat today.
They are surplus stock from OH's work but we were allowed to have them as they are just gathering dust in storage.
I will try GParted on them as that is a terrific program considering it is free. It can do pretty much everything partition magic can do and I always feel confident using it which I rarely do with P.M.

There is another crop of lettuce to harvest in the g house.
I sewed it as a cut and come again crop.
The lettuce seeds are sown in pots and then cut while quite small still. Only the largest leaves each time.
This crop is the one I first sewed a few months back.
Providing you keep harvesting,they keep producing.
Same with spinach.
You can get a good bunch of salad from the two plants every week when treated that way.

Pull ups again

The 3 rep sets are getting more frequent I think.
I did about 4 sets this morning .
Then the leg raises with weight.
4 leg raises without weight but more crunched as it is supposedly more effective.
12 assisted pull ups using the inner tube band.
A couple of chin ups.

I will get in some more pull ups during the day.
I moved the bar to my daughters bedroom after all as OH wont be using the room for a couple of weeks and it is the least in the way spot. It can go back on the living room door after that.

No comments: