Monday 12 September 2011

progressing!

Yesterday was Sunday and quite windy out.
The boys went for a driving lesson so I got my skipping rope and bottle of water and went for a skip in the garden using the piece of board so that I could skip on the grass.
I wasn't sure the wind would let me but I thought I would give it a go and it was fine once I had found a place by the greenhouse where the wind didn't seem so strong.
I skipped 10 minutes to warm up choosing a different step for each minute.
A quick nip back in to the Loo (always a good idea before double unders ).
Then I double undered for as long as I could,giving myself very short water breaks about every 60 jumps.
I rarely manage more than 25 at a go so it was not exactly non stop but I did do 476 double unders all together.
On my second jump I did 34 at one go so that was very pleasing and then later on I did 43 which I think is equal to my best(not sure if it was 48 pb previously as I didn't write it down but I think it was 43).
Yay GO me! LOL

That was it for yesterdays exercise as I was worn out after 40 minutes of that lot.

About an hour ago I did the pull up routine again.
This time was 5 sets :
10,8,7,6 and max
The max was 10
What was especially pleasing was the 3 consecutive pull ups without my feet on the ground which I repeated three or four times in the different sets.
After the max,I did;
6 chin ups
12 unweighted leg raises
2X12 weighted leg raises
12 band assisted pull ups

No comments: