Thursday 8 September 2011

Autumn on its way

It is colder for sure.
I am still wearing my shorts though and I got a full load of washing dry on the line.

Once the cooler weather comes in, exercise really comes into its own.
It is a great way of staying warm and even warms up the room a little bit.

Wednesday afternoon, my son was fitting a new Mortis lock to our front door and so the door was wide open for a good hour.
I logged onto the laptop and went into the workout program ,deciding to do 15 minutes upstairs in my bedroom.
Once it started though,I chose 1 hour as usual, 15 minutes seems hardly worth getting changed for.
In my room ,it is quite cramped and so I chose flexibility for the focus of the workout.
No equipment (as it was all downstairs and no room anyway).
The beginning part of the workout is always a warm up with a small section of cardio which was just about do able in the confines of an 8 x 4 area of carpet.
I was almost at the end of the session when DS knocked and asked me to come and hold something so he could mark its position.
Luckily there is the pause button.
Then another 10 minutes and he was back.
I was just in the middle of the dancer pose at that point , with only 3 minutes left so I called it a day and went back to help.

He made an excellent job of the Lock fitting and was bouncing around like Tigger on speed with  the high that the accomplishment had given him.
He has been a bit quiet lately as Jobs are nowhere to be found and life without something to do is very dull.

Then I made Tea of home made chips,bacon,sausage,eggs and baked beans with the last of the mushrooms fried lightly to finish them off. The meat and eggs were microwaved so not as fatty as it sounds.
After tea I went upstairs and there was the virtual coach waiting for me to answer how I felt about that last bit !
She wasn't the least bit irked by my abandonment!

Good reliable workout gloves.

Just before OH came home, I did a 3 minute plank just for the hell of it.
I have started wearing my weight lifting gloves for planks because they have a cushioned palm of leather.
The gloves are about 20 years old and say Bulls eye sports on the Velcro wrist tag. They double as running gloves in the cold weather and cycling gloves because they are fingerless and I can still change gears without catching the glove in the mechanism. They have also really helped with pull ups as the bar is hard to hold with my girly bare hands.

More digging up the pavement.

The water board are back yet again,trying to find the leak that is undermining next doors drive.
They have been here most weeks since about July and still haven't located it.
Part of the problem is the piping is not laid logically and so some peoples pipes go under other peoples gardens. The stop-cocks are all over the place too. This morning the man knocked and asked had my water been the one he had turned off? Nope! I think he just had to knock on every door and ask.
I cant think why they don't label the covers of each pipe when they work on them so that they would know the next time.

No comments: