Tuesday 20 September 2011

Monday monday......

So Monday was spent mostly pulling up on the bar!
Well not really!
I went shopping in the car with DS.
We trudged around the supermarket and bought fruit and veg etc..not terribly interesting.
The reduced sections or whoopsied or yellow stickered as some people like to call them, is now so ridiculous as to be hardly worth the glance.
10 pence less was about the limit of the reductions.
We laughed at a rice pot thing that was smaller than a yoghurt and consisted of a handful of par cooked rice and about 2 tablespoons of some runny orange sauce..it was £1 reduced from £1.97. You could buy a whole bag of rice and a tin of something tasty to go on top for that reduced price and a whole 4 portion meal for the original price.

I can now do 4 pull ups in a row.Proper pull ups with hands facing away and legs not touching the ground at all!
I did several sets throughout the day ,some were only 3's but more than 1 set of 4.
I also fitted in the leg raises with weighted ankles and one set was with v.small dumbells hooked over my toes too.

I gave one legged squats a go again and discovered that I could do about 4 each leg and then repeat,providing I was alongside something in case I needed to grab on.
I have been reading a book called 'Never gymless' which has body weight exercises. Some are quite challenging and some I will never be able to do but interesting none the less.






Another similar book is





which is an excellent read and by a Russian Author with a lot of fitness knowledge and good advice.





There have been a lack of push ups and dips as a result of the pull up work so I fitted in 60 push ups and 50 dips just to be sure I still can do them.

No comments: