Wednesday 26 October 2011

Spending and not spending

Last week was my first go at shop n scan.
I did a couple of little shopping trips instead of our usual supermarket visit because the car is up the spout at the moment and is sitting in the mechanics garage waiting for attention.
On Sunday morning,I collected up my receipts and discovered that I only spent about £8 this week. Later O(ld)H(ubby) gave me a receipt from his sweets shopping. It was about £3. Then even later he produced another one for a further £3 for two drawing pads and 2 more bars of choc.
That is embarrassing! £8 on food for three people and nearly £5 for chocolate for 2 and a half(I hardly eat it any more).

Yesterday he was home for a Dentist appointment and guess what he bought in the afternoon?
Um yeah, it was a big bar of chocolate !
When he dies, they wont need to preserve him like the man in the documentary that we watched on Sunday night, he will be crystallized already from sugar overload.
Here is a clip about Alan Billis the volunteer who was embalmed this year for science in the UK

No comments: