Sunday 9 October 2011

Not exercising

Shh another non exercise day!
Well ,on Friday I did the usual pull ups and managed 10 in a row.
100 push ups and some bicycle crunches.

Saturday was walking in to town day so I often don't do a workout as well.
It was cold and wet.

Today I let my learner driver son drive me to the supermarket.
He is getting quite good.
His test is in a month.
We bought everything we need for a weeks meals ,6 bottles of malt vinegar to keep the toilet clean and it all came to £20.70.
I did already have some of the veg as I bought it last week when it was reduced,then chopped and froze it.

The vinegar gets used weekly,2 bottles at a time.
I empty the water from the toilet,replace with vinegar,tuck some paper under the rim (also vinegar sodden) and then leave it all night with the 'do not flush' sign on the seat. In the morning,it gets flushed and brushed. During the week it just gets brushed and the lid and seat get a clean every time I think of it.

This afternoon as it is dry again and a bit warmer, I shall dig my last onion bed and plant the shallots and Garlic. Then it is just a matter of keeping them weed free.
The greenhouse is shut now as it is colder and needs watering just as it always does. It has lettuce and spinach growing in containers.

I really must get my camera back into use. It needs the batteries charging so I shall take them downstairs and plug them into the universal charger.
This charger charges non rechargeable batteries as well as rechargeables so has saved us a fortune over the years.



This one that they have on Amazon does the same thing. I would recommend it for anyone who has kids with lots of battery operated devices as it is a massive money saver.
Plus once the batteries are fully depleted and useless(about the 4th use in my experience) you can still take them to poundland to be recycled.

We buy the energizer batteries as they are strong and recharge back to a good strength each time. It is a false economy to buy the cheap ones, they last a far shorter time and recharge only once or twice.

No comments: