Monday 17 October 2011

Bookish Monday

This week's book is called
The Hunger games by Suzanne Collins.
It is a book my daughter told me about and I am borrowing it to read.

What an innovative idea The Hunger games is.
It is about some young people who are the population of the future America.
Food is scarce, land has reduced in expanse due to the rising sea levels and in Quality due to the overfarming and overcrowding.
The land is divided into sections ,each with a different role and the people fulfill the roles if they dont die of Hunger in the process.
The game is a challenge in which a pair from each section must compete.
The rewards are worth the having,the consequences of losing are not to be dwelt upon....

A very absorbing book.
I might just have to read the next in the series which luckily is sitting on my daughters shelf tempting me.

No comments: