Sunday 16 October 2011

Grocery shopping

The boy drove me to Asda again Today.
His driving improves weekly.
He is gaining a lot from having a qualified instructor's 2 hours a week.

I looked up the shopping on-line first using MySuperMarket.com
This lets you fill your virtual basket and see and compare prices of 3 supermarkets.
Quite handy for inspiring lists and keeping you on track.
I found I could save by leaving onion buying till another day.
The cheddar cheese price was bollocks though. It showed as £1.67 a Kilo and was nothing like that at the shop.
However,it made Asda look massively cheaper overall when comparing the shopping online .
Luckily,having been bitten by Asda's shenanigans before, I was not really expecting them to have that as a price in-store.

We haunt the reduced sections every week.

Sainsburys yesterday had nothing and when I asked the assistant where the section had gone,she looked as though I had slapped her and answered that they ONLY ever put out reduced things after 5pm.
I like Sainsburys,their goods are always good quality but sometimes, you are made to feel like a criminal just for asking about things which they should make clear. It wouldn't kill them to have a sign saying when teh reduced items are put out daily. The last time I felt like I had been fobbed off in there was when I asked why they insisted on putting the sale price per kilo rather than each piece of meats price, because that would be so much more user friendly.

 So anyway ,we are in Asda looking at the 'reduced' things.
I picked up 1 small packet of Hazlett and 1 packet of Garlic sausage.
The Hazlett was devoured in sandwiches for lunch with the remainder of yesterdays home made loaf.
The sausage will make a tasty pizza topping and was cheaper than the £1 packet of Pepperoni I was going to buy and didn't.
Fruit is so pathetically 'reduced' that we hardly glance at it now.
The tins are battered and dirty or laughable prices.

 I spent £12.80 in Asda and yesterday £7.37
So £20.17
The onions will be 90p in Sains if I end up going there so this weeks groceries will have set me back £21.07

Today is another exercise free day.

The OH has been off work on his hols for nearly 3 weeks and it is so much easier to fit in regular exercise when he isn't here.
Who knew one person could occupy so many rooms at the same time?
Thank heavens he goes back on Wednesday LOL

No comments: