Monday 5 March 2012

French knitting upgraded

For a few months, I worked on the Amazon turk site.
This is a site on which you can perform tasks.
These range from writing articles to translations,surveys and  odd text adaptation.
At Christmas ,I thought I would buy someone a knitting frame using the Amazon.com cards I had earned with it.
I found the knitting frame, clicked to order , put in my details and was met with the text
'There is an error with your order, it will not be fulfilled'
or some such thing.
After several more failed attempts, I gave up and decided to order some seeds for the veg garden.
It took quite a lot more attempts and I eventually emailed Amazon america to discover what I was doing wrong.

Turns out you can only order from Amazon .com where international shipping has been arranged and there was no search facility .

After much googling I found amazon.com worldwide-shipping

Hooray a search that shows shipping to non US countries!

However I was foiled at the last fence
No one was doing a knitting frame in this criteria.

I did find some seeds and ordered them and later two wifi dongles to use up my almost redundant Amazon.com vouchers

Then last week I noticed on Ebay,someone was selling knitting frames just like the one I wanted to order.
My order was placed and my frame arrived(in 2 days )
So I have been playing at French knitting for a few days.

My frame is this one which weirdly they now have on Amazon UK


This one is £1 more than mine cost on ebay(including delivery) but looks like it is the same seller.

I am enjoying it so far, it is adjustable and so can knit tubes of different circumferences.
Ideal for knitting socks which is my reason for wanting one.
The way it is arranged as a rectangle makes it easy when knitting short rows for turning the toe and heel because you can instantly see half the amount of stitches without needing to count them. The beginning of a row is equally obvious as it is a corner and the wool tail shows which corner.

Anyway having tried one for myself and found it to be robust and useful, I have now bought another for the person to whom I was going to give one at Christmas.
Haven't sent it yet so I won't say who it is, just in case they stumble across this blog however unlikely that may seem.

No comments: