Thursday 24 November 2011

Thors day

Yesterday I had to return an Ebay purchase !
It was something I was quite looking forward to using but when it came, it was faulty.
The vendor arranged to pick up through city link and they were to come in the morning.
I was fuming by the time they turned up, 3.45, because I had to say no when my son suggested we went to town together.
The courier seemed oblivious to his lateness
Then he prepared to leave with the parcel and I said
wasn't he going to give me a receipt?
Apparently they never give receipts so I had him hand write one.
I shall expect my refund to be in paypal tomorrow or there will be text flying through the ether!

I like buying through Ebay because you can pay with paypal.
A couple of times I have used their resolution center and each time it has got me my money back.
Ebay's feedback is useful too.
Once I waited 6 weeks for an expensive item and I left neutral to say good item pity about the wait,to which the vendor responded by phone refunding my post costs(£50), I  didn't think I was unreasonable to leave a neutral as I had contacted them from about week 3,every week till the item materialized, it wasn't like they didn't hear from me. It was the feedback that got the result eventually.

I bought an embroidery machine once a few years back and it came without the feet or part of the free arm. I wrote to the seller who insisted it was all there.
I think I spent about a week writing to her ,explaining that there was a free arm with it but that it had a second one which was the embroidery bit with all the feet stored in it.
She didn't realise she had forgotten to include it in the parcel until I priced up the cost of the missing feet and sent her links to where I would have to buy them and then said I would see her in the resolution center via paypal to negotiate the extra it would cost and how she could pay me!
Next day she phoned me saying she had found the other free arm complete with feet and it was in the post!
I think it was a genuine mistake but it is amazing what a little bit of help from a bigger corporation(with legal beagles) can do .

Today has been mainly spent in completing surveys and reading.

We had risotto for tea using the left over chicken from Monday,carrot,onion and the remains of a bag of Broccoli.
I thicken things with ground lentils now because it works rather like gravy powder but is less salty.

Im on the next Terry Pratchet book.
This one is called men at arms and follows straight on from 'Guards,Guards'.
That man has a fantastic sense of irony.
Seems a shame that he has Alzheimer's.

No comments: