Saturday 15 December 2012

waterworks

We had the plumber 2 days in a row!
Yesterday he was scheduled to come at 8am and install a new mixer tap in the kitchen.
He arrived at 3.30pm and was here wrestling with the tap and the lack of stopcocks for 2 hours.
Luckily I didnt need to take a day off work to wait for him or I would have been fuming.

The result was a nice new tap.

This morning he rang back to finish the work he should have done yesterday (fixing the toilet).
OH let him in, I was still in bed and so was DS.

Now we have not only the new kitchen tap but also a loo that flushes and doesn't overflow.
As a bonus, we have a stop valve under the sink so we no longer have to crawl about in the roof when the water needs turning off.


Christmas is coming


My daughter will be visiting us for 4 days of christmas.
She has just got a new job and so must squeeze all her and her boyfriends visits into the little bit of time they each have off.
It will be lovely to see her .
I have her 2 presents wrapped up and OH has one for her too ( we do our own thing regarding presents).
My presents to her are wearable so if she cant carry them, she can put them on.

Streaming TV


I have started watching Netflix.

I decided to try their free 1 month viewing.
After 1 month,having discovered how to watch the US version ,I decided it was worth 6 pounds of my paypal money a month, to keep the subscription .

I have watched about 20 films so far and there is plenty still to see.

We have one or two things ear marked to watch over the holiday.
I dislike holiday stories with santa etc but there is plenty that avoids that sort of stuff.

If I find that the content gets less interesting or they find  a way to block non us viewers, I will cancel it.
The uk version is scanty in comparison.

I can also see Hulu using the same strategy.
Hulu has lots of  free viewing but also adverts.
It is quite handy for the odd thing that isn't on NF but you do have to sit through an ad or 2 or 3 every 5 minutes.
I can see why they have them, it pays for the site etc.

My daughter has love film which is another subscription service.
She asked OH for a subscription for her birthday and he bought her one.
They don't have TV at the flat and were spending quite a bit on DVD's so it was a good idea.

Chrissy food


I shall be Asdaing tomorrow.
We will go in the car as it is about 5 miles away.
I want to buy the rest of the pudding ingredients.
We always make our puds in the microwave.
Also I need flour for mince pies and co.

Our family is much more a food family than a presents family.


No comments: