Saturday 13 October 2012

OH had his exam yesterday which he sits at home with a transcriber to do the writing.
He can manage to write fairly well but his reading speed is painfully slow due to dislexia.

I took myself off into town to save being a hovering prescence.
First I went to the take away and bought my lunch.
I could have taken a sandwich and a drink from home but it is October and there is nowhere really to picnic out of the weather at this time of year.
Our town is notorious for having nothing to do and nowhere to do it.

I spent an hour sipping a big cup of tea and reading my ebook but ofcourse one cant keep that up indefinitely and even take away shops need their tables to be filled and emptied to remain in business.

Next I went for a roam around the charity shops.
I have nothing that we need so although it was an interesting browse, there was no buying involved.

After a long walk around of about 2 hours and feeling quite thirsty again, I stopped at a cafe and bought a huge mug of tea and resumed my ebook.

Around 3pm I met up with OH at the cinema so that we could see the film Looper which is on at the moment.
I had 2 cinema tickets from my online earnings at maximiles so it cost us nothing.

DS had an interview for a possible job so couldn't come too.
It turned out to be door to door canvassing which he is definitely not cut out for so I guess he wont be hearing back from them.
DD did a similar job a couple of years back and found it tedious even though she was marginally successful at it.
She also did something similar for a couple of days a few weeks back and was chased by a dog at one house. She discovered that the charity company wanted their canvassers to appear for work 2 hours before they were paid and to work through any breaks to 'make up the quotas'.
Needless to say, she found something else as quickly as she could working less hours and paying actual regular wages.

I wish the government could see the sort of jobs that are available themselves 'fly on the wall' style. I think they would then understand why people have trouble finding work.


I have resumed my skipping (jump rope) today.
5 minutes this morning without shoes was about all I could manage.
If you have only skipped when shod, try 'no shoes' it is a whole new ball game.
I was going to resume last week but OH has been at home revising and there was nowhere to skip without it sounding .
Outdoors has not been an option due to the rain.
We haven't run in ages as OH twisted his knee and I ususally only run with him.

I have been keeping an eye on eating though and still weigh the same as last year when we ran, worked out and skipped .
OH has had to reign back on his snacking as he had put on a bit of ballooniness (2 stone).
He is a bit of a chocolate addict which is fine when he is cycling,running and karatiing but not when he isn't.

No comments: