Wednesday 23 May 2012

Sunshine and seeds and slug proofing

Well it has been a very nice day!
So sunny that I had to rig up some temporary shading in the greenhouse.
It is an umbrella without the skeleton.

The Beans are all planted out in the garden.
Some are runners or Pole Beans.
I let the seeder sow a few rows of french beans.
It wasnt perfect but then it is 130 years old.

Today I planted out the Cucumber,Courgette(Zuccini) and pumpkins.
Then about 16 Pea plants.
I sowed some Peas too with the other seeder which I thought wasnt quite as good.
Surprising really as it was the one with more original parts.

My slug repellant is Aloe Vera ,watered down a bit in a spray bottle.
The greenhouse is starting to look a bit less crowded but there is a bit more watering .
Spuds got another earthing up today.
They get one about twice a week at the moment.

The veg plot is starting to look more like its old self again.

No comments: