Monday 24 March 2014

Ovivo is dead

Sadly the Ovivo mobile phone connection provider went out of Business on Friday.

I have one phone that was using an Ovivo sim and after hunting around for a cheap PayG sim,I decided on Three's 123 sim and hopefully will be getting one in the post in the next few days.

Ovivo were very good while they lasted and I didn't pay anything out other than the initial £15 for the sim 5 months ago. So my own use worked out at £3 a month.

I think they shot themselves in the foot really because the sort of people looking for free mobile use, are not going to be doing an enormous amount of topping up or buying offers from them so most of their income was likely to come from their advertising on the free data they offered .

I imagine any user not using an android phone or smart phone probably wouldn't get to see the adverts (which would have accrued most of the revenue for ovivo). I certainly never saw one .


No comments: