Friday 12 July 2013

More about soy etc

I have been having fun with soya beans.
I made a whole litre of yoghurt after making some more milk in my machine.
Th yoghurt is a little runny but after looking online ,I see I can add a few spoonfuls of oats to make it thicker and sugar helps it ferment.

The Okara can be dried and made into protien powder which I have done.

Any whey can be used to add to buns or bread or on breakfast.

There really isnt any waste.

.........................................................................................................................................................

I have dug up the onions and garlic I planted in the Autumn.
They were free as they were all from last years crop.
They are now dried and packed in jars as powder.

.....................................................................................................................................................
Chalk and Cheese on ebay

We got our money back from the ebay sales person who made me wait in three separate days  for his collection driver.

The third time, they actually came.

He wanted me to retract my negative feedback,stating that the reason the driver hadnt turned up was that he (the vendor) had gone on holiday.

That excuse rang of dumb deceit so I did not take the bait but pointed out that it was not a valid excuse and that he had twice lied ,the second time being presumably while he was on 'holiday' and so unable to read his messages.
I also pointed out that there had been a problem with some parts being wrong and he said he couldn't know every part of all 6000 items he sold .
That would be the 6000 items he has sold in his lifetime as a trader judging by his feedback score.
He had never even acknowledged that the parts were a problem,choosing to ignore me until I said it was broken in 30 minutes when I used it .

I believe that if I hadn't gone to the resolution center,I would now be trying to get the manufacturers to mend it  . I did look them up and their service people are all miles and miles away.

Anyway he now has his substandard item and we had our money back

As soon as the money was refunded,I went straight back onto ebay and found another trader selling the same item . This trader has 100% feedback score and although it was £10 more expensive, I bought from him.

The item arrived with several messages before hand to say when it was coming (to the hour).
I opened it and found 3 bolts were missing.

That evening I messaged the trader and asked him to please send some and next day he phoned to check the address.

They were in my hand the day after that and fitted perfectly(unlike the first machines bolts which were too wide and touched the rotating blade).

Out in the overgrown veg patch,the machine did well.

I left him glowing feedback .
This morning he phoned to check they had come and I was happy with the purchase.

...................................................................................................................................................

I have been looking at various ways to make mock cheese using nuts etc.
It looks fairly easy so that will be my next foodie endevour.
No fancy machines this time.


No comments: